Sometimes it is as important to remember the reasons for leaving a place
As it is to recall why you came in the first place.
And I haven't changed my mind.
It is very possible that falling head over heels in love with life is easy for me. But I am not prone to the gradual leak of happiness that some applaud as recognizing the "simple joys" of a present situation. I am in fact, more prone to the utter gushing, the wave roaring, exhaustive torrent of happiness that has, can, and will cause me to be swept up in a gale forced hurricane of squeeze-your-eyes-closed-tightly-remember-to-breathe AWASH with the sap of one hundred golden pre-dawn silences as the music builds into one great rush of a storm in my midst kind of happiness. You would think this kind of joy would be rare as the brink in all the wonder of a lunar eclipse.
But mostly I came for the hills.
Now my list of facts rings with such a discordance of past and present that I am like the wind chimes I hung on my porch yesterday...only in a storm, partially shrill and joyous, yet ringing with the pell-mell sound of beautiful uncertainty. Home and Here are clanging together now. They are resonating, building not on the discord of a thousand aches and pains, but on the harmony of highs and lows that are, in fact, what makes music grip us in the first place.
1. I love dancing
2. Sometimes I get lost in daydreams that last entire days
3. From the time I was 8 until I was 13, I was afraid of flushing the toilet. I would flush and then RUN.
4. I drink peppermint tea every night before bed.
5. Sometimes I write down what I'm going to say before I make an important phone call. I write, "Hi, this is Brittany" in case I forget my name.
6. I am obsessed with trees.
7. The North Shore of Lake Superior is engraved on my heart. It is also part of my existance.
8. I take my coffee very strong and very black, about 4 times per day.
9. My spine is shaped like an S.
10. Way too much of my time is spent thinking on, writing about, and drawing fences.
11. I could go pro in jump roping. Seriously.
12. The song Clocks by Coldplay brings me to tears. Every time.
13. I drive with my knees. A LOT.
14. I never, ever turn down a dare.
15. Fake nails make me nauseaous.
16. I worked in sales once, selling slabs of marble engraved with pictures at the mall. That was the last time.
17. I once built a nine-foot tall arch out of vines and branches. It was incredible.
18. I took swimming lessons and almost promptly forgot how to swim.
19. When it storms, I'm in heaven.
20. My appendix nearly ruptured when I was 20. I drove myself to the hospital in a 92' Astro van that wasn't mine.
21. I've been hiking since before I could walk.
22. I was raised to wear socks at all times. I now hate socks.
23. I caught Giardia in Gordyville, Illinois when I was 14.
24. I was homeschooled for 10th grade and finished high school alternatively.
25. I love light. Filtered light. Hazy light. Morning light. Evening light. Moon light. And Christmas lights.
I remember now.